Te ara ki tua Road to success provides a career path for people who want to become a truck driver. Trainees will:
- Be matched with a suitable transport business that will employ them for the traineeship
- Have a hands-on approach to learning
- Receive a liveable wage - earn while you learn
- Get nationally recognised qualifications
- Progress their licence class
You will receive a wage of at least $21.50 an hour. However, many companies may start you off on a higher wage, and there will be opportunities to increase what you earn as you progress your licence and your responsibilities.
The traineeship and the Road to success team’s involvement will last one year, after which it is expected that you will continue on at your company.
Road to success is administered by the Road Transport Forum (RTF)
Interested trainee applies to Te ara ki tua Road to success.
RTF screens and considers trainee application.
Matching process - RTF will place trainee in a suitable transport business.
Successful match! Parties sign trainee agreement and employment contract.
Full orientation of both parties by RTF.
RTF engages weekly initially with both parties.
1) micro-credential awarded
Success! 'Graduation ceremony' held.